Bank of America closed my accounts

Tried to login into my mobile app one day last week, and found that my account was "locked." Hmm that's weird. Called up, entered my debit card number on the cust. service line, "We're sorry, that doesn't appear to be a valid account." I eventually spoke to 3 different departments, who told me that my account was being closed due to "risk" and there was "nothing they could do." They also couldn't tell me why. But not to worry, I could get the funds that were in my account within 10-15 business days.

 

Andreas Antonopoulos said in one of his videos that in many places in the world, you could wake up, and with the flip of a 0/1 in a database, you no longer have access to your money. I foolishly thought, I'm in the US, I'll never have that problem, right?

 

My situation was eventually escalated to the point where someone could tell me what was going on. Apparently, B of A read a number wrong on a perfectly valid check I deposited via mobile deposit. No email, no phone call to ask me about what they presumably thought was a bad check. I just woke up and gone I no longer have my money.

 

I never thought that this could happen to me, but it did. I resolved this with B of A and have my accounts back, but some people aren't so lucky. With Bitcoin, you are your own bank, and you can ensure that this never happens to you.



Submitted September 18, 2017 at 01:44AM by throwaway5620709 http://ift.tt/2fczCVc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law