An expression of gratitude to the bitcoin core developers

I have been hodling bitcoin for almost 5 years. I rarely contribute. I’ve seen all the drama unfold. Bitcoin has been, and continues to be, by far, the greatest story that’s ever been told.

I want to send my genuine heartfelt thank you to the developers (past and present) who have contributed to the bitcoin core project. All I kindly request of them is to ensure bitcoin merely exists for the rest of our lives (and beyond). Just pure survival. Keep it breathing. Keep its heart beating.

Thanks to bitcoin, I no longer need to work. I am financially free with minimal risk of that status changing if bitcoin continues to just survive. That’s not to say that my financial freedom can’t exist with fiat. It can, but there are greater risks attached (my money being inflated away, my income stream suddenly stopping or reducing, the government/bank freezes my bank account because I did/said something they don’t like).

Because of bitcoin, I have freedom of speech, financial independence and time. An abundance of time, my most precious asset. I am free to spend time with family and friends. I am free to enjoy the beach. I am free to go traveling. I am free to wake up on my own clock. I am free to express myself how I see fit with minimal risk of financial repercussion. I don’t often do these things, but having the option to do so on my own time is a true gift, especially at a fairly young age. This is what I truly value.

Bitcoin has taught me so much about the world. The difference between Keynesian and Austrian economics, politics, what is valuable, how bad an unlimited supply of money is for society, the true meaning of inflation, how ugly the scam of central banking and banking is, libertarianism, crony capitalism, the principles of decentralisation, open-source, permissionless access and innovation, privacy, anonymity, trust, anti-fragile, properties and pitfalls of gold, questioning the need for government, valuing time and patience with a long term view. The list is endless. The rabbit hole runs very deep.

Reading about these concepts 5 years ago, slowly unplugging myself, and over time, it actually making sense when nobody else seemed to believe or care, made me think I was the one with a tinfoil hat on my head. I am now absolutely convinced on bitcoin's ideology and slowly, others are starting to wake up as well. I find it incredibly unfortunate that a lot of people haven't taken the opportunity to read and understand the ideology, but rather just jump on the speculative bandwagon. People are looking to get rich quick, rather than get free quick. This will end in tears. Whether tears of joy, or tears of sorrow, I don’t know. Either way, it’s incredible that bitcoin will channel one of mankind’s ugliest traits (greed) to ultimately create a better world for all. Extraordinary.

Bitcoin has given me so much, and I feel bad that the extent of my contribution back to the bitcoin network is the mere running of a node. I could probably contribute more, but honestly, I would just like to enjoy my life, not hurt anyone, be a good citizen of the world, a good husband, a good son, maybe even a good father some day. I want to keep life simple. I am content and at peace and I believe this is my greatest contribution to society. Peace and contentment.

I have to admit, my balls aren’t as large as the bitcoin core developers. I mean, these guys fuck. There’s a lot of weight on your shoulders. It cannot be easy. And from what I gather, it won’t get easier. It seems like there’s still an enormous uphill battle.

Ultimately, I'd like to see the evils of fiat money destroyed. It is a cancer to society, destroying our planet at large. I expecting no compromises to core principles. Absolutely no negotiating with terrorists. Stab fiat right in its jugular. Land the final blow so hard that fiat won't ever think of getting back up again. End this failed central banking experiment. 

My plea is that you continue act in the best interests of bitcoin no matter how large your bitcoin balance gets when converted to fiat or how difficult it gets. We can’t go back to fiat. It's not an option. Once you’ve understood the principles of bitcoin, you just can’t go back to the previous system. The freedom is too sweet. But the responsibility is much greater. I understand that bitcoin is still an experiment, but I will be absolutely distraught if we end up back in the master-slave relationship. I do not have it in me to appeal to authority again. Please don’t let this happen.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have saved me from all sorts of problems in my life. For that, I am truly, truly grateful.



Submitted November 18, 2017 at 06:21PM by RoughHint http://ift.tt/2zSz2ll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law