I'm too late.

I'm too late to be an early adopter of BTC, I screwed around in my CompSci classes a decade before the Genesis block instead of helping. I'm too late to mine BTC on my CPU, by almost a decade. I'm too late to mine BTC on my GPU, by several years. I'm almost too late to mine BTC on my ASICs, they'll be out of date in a few years. Maybe less. I've made TWO purchases with BTC, both to buy another ASIC. I'm sold some BTC. Ok, I'm too early there, but regret it just the same.

I just spun up a testnet BTC node and installed the Eclair Lightning Network client.

I did it on an OS I'm really not familiar with, Ubuntu is just different enough from Win10 to make me struggle. I could have done it on Win10, I chose the harder route.

I'm NOT too late to do my little part to make this happen. I opened a channel between a testnet Core wallet and an online testnet wallet and bounced Lightning transactions back and forth for an hour, taking only a few seconds between transactions. Paid only 2 miner's fees.

I could have sent transactions to anyone running a connected Lightning client just as fast. And vice versa. It took half an hour to fund the channel, yes. And another half an hour or so to secure my funds when I closed the channel. Had I done those transactions without Lightning, it'd have taken most of a day. Not even Bitcoin Cash's large block size could have done that, its limited by the same 10 minute heartbeat Bitcoin has.

THIS feels like the future. I am NOT too late. Noone is.



Submitted December 27, 2017 at 12:05PM by NDragon951 http://ift.tt/2BUzOma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law