I'm in negative, but I still spent money to set up my first raspberry pi full node

My first raspberry pi 3 BTC full node: https://imgur.com/6yMWyxj

I'm not computer savvy, so this took a while for me to set up. I followed this guide: https://www.weusecoins.com/full-bitcoin-node-on-a-raspberry-pi-3-with-or-without-a-pidrive/#adding

Instructions are pretty straight forward but some of the command lines didn't really work for me so I had to research quite a bit to get it working.

I haven't made any profit from btc investment yet, and I know a lot of people are in negative, especially if you got in last December. However, I really believe in this technology and I just wanted to be a part of this grand experiment.

Total cost for setting up a full node was about $70 USD, so it isn't too much. I have a pretty decent internet connection, and after 7 hours, I have downloaded about 30gb worth of blocks.

It was pretty fun setting this up, and I encourage everyone to participate! I hope I am contributing to keeping Bitcoin decentralised.

Any questions, don't hesitate to reply. Happy to provide any help.

Why run a full node? "The permissionless distributed ledger used in Bitcoin is a chain of communication, which require nodes to validate actions within its protocol. They are essential to the ecosystem just as much as miners who are finding blocks and processing the data. "



Submitted January 27, 2018 at 03:08PM by kwillnz http://ift.tt/2ngRBus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law