Thanks to Bitcoin, I am Happily Self-Unemployed

Bitcoin turned out to be an effective way for me to end my employment....hopefully forever. I began investing in Bitcoin in late 2014 after a dear friend shared a post about his experience buying Bitcoin on Google+. I had heard of it twice before that, but didn't enter the game.

After he posted, an angel showed up in the comments....presumably one of the early successful investors. He offered anyone willing to participate a little donation, if they jumped through the hoops of getting a wallet and providing an address. He also happily answered some of our questions. I took the bait.

It wasn't long before I felt the power of crypto and was unsatisfied with my donation level investment. I remember commenting in the post, I am going to experiment with $100...which makes me LOL today. Soon enough, I started schemin. $100 turned into $300, and $300 into over a $1000 by the end of 2014. Hooked I was, like any drug will do.

Early 2015 saw me turn to raising funding through family/friends and creating a excel sheet to start keeping tabs. "There is this thing, you won't/can't understand, so you will just have to trust me," I said. Several more fish on the line, and more bank. I started sending out a weekly newsletter to keep these folks abreast of the ongoing sentiment and fund performance.

Ofc, Jan. 15th came while I was sleeping, and it hurt a little. Not because the price fell, but because it capitulated and I was unable to fully appreciate it (I was full blown injecting the stuff already).

Nonetheless, I started thinking a little more like a real investor, although I didn't believe in HODL. I still don't. I created this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2sa1kt/if_there_are_even_1000_people_like_me/ (Fuck Uphold btw)

I stuck to the plan and invested between 2-4% of every paycheck throughout 2015 and early 16. I also started taking a look at the next door neighbors, taking some elevated risks margin trading on POLO (which is dead to me now). That was a good success.

Fast forward, I find myself liberated from corporate work life, with absolutely no debt, a healthy savings and enough play for the next big ride. I want to now actually contribute something of more consequence to the ecosystem and let others stand on my shoulders as I stood on those that came before me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I helped spread the virus by seeding several people myself. All are hooked. I would say in all, 10-15 others are now "in the game" from my donations. So donations can work!

EDIT 2: I don't want to offer specific advice here as this is just one story of success. Many got rekt being careless or being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Cycles can bring you up or tear you down. I was pretty lucky to start taking risks at the end of a bear market. Nonetheless, I have no confidence, not a single bitcoin, in traditional investments like stocks. And I am not an investor either. I like the action of trading and moving all over the place. My convictions only lie in being somewhere that feels new and refreshing.

EDIT 3: Since I got enough downvotes, I thought it would be the honorable thing to do to delete all comments related to advising people to liquidate 401Ks for crypto. I don't really want to hand out that advice. That is just my personal preference.

Cheers!



Submitted January 27, 2018 at 08:38PM by VariiDecoda http://ift.tt/2rJIXcK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law