How bitcoin became popular in my company because of a missing payment terminal

There is a coffee machine in our company. It is not possible to pay for a coffee with cash or credit card, the only option is to load some bucks onto a corporate badge using a special payment terminal. We have two buildings. The payment terminal is in one building and coffee machine is in another one. Frequently, when a colleague forgets to load money onto the badge, instead of going to another building he/she asks another colleagues to pay for coffee using their loaded badge and simply gives them cash back.

Once I wanted to buy some coffee, but I had no cash and no money on my badge. So I asked my colleague, if I could pay for my coffee using BTC/BCH. He was surprised and said that he never used bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies, although has heard a lot about this subject. I helped him to download a wallet to his smartphone and paid him. He looked really happy, because these were his very first crypto assets.

Next day, 2 guys came to my workplace. They wanted to know more about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, because my colleague told them the story about his first crypto deposit for coffee. During our lunch we talked a lot on cryptocurrencies. In two days we had 4 people in our crypto community and in one week there were already 15 people and it looks like more and more people are involved :). One of the guys even prepared a presentation for our management, how blockchain could be used in our company.

I’m really glad that there is no payment terminal in our building. Because of that, I’ve got acquainted with really good people and was able to spread some knowledge about my favourite topic - cryptocurrencies :D.



Submitted March 24, 2018 at 04:05PM by 50megabits https://ift.tt/2ugoUUz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law