So... I have two kids that have more bitcoins than I do...

To be more exact: infinitely more than I do. I have none (...yet).

Lately, my oldest son (11) found interest in Bitcoin and after explaining a few basics / ELI5 he decided he wanted to spend some of his savings on bitcoin. And I let him. He shelled out €100 and bought his own bitcoin.

His younger brother (9) ofcourse decided that he didn't want to get left behind should his older sibling become a millionaire so he, too, shelled out some of his savings (even more; €160).

Oldest son is currently up €5.13 (bought past thursday), youngest is currently still down about €1.45 (bought yesterday).

And now I have two kids that check businessinsider.com, coinbase, bitpay, xe etc. for the latest exhange rates more than sites they're supposed to be visiting at their age. I built them a simple webpage that shows the basic numbers and if they're in the green or red and plan on expanding it a bit in the future.

Oldest came to me yesterday, said he was considering also investing some money in Ethereum to spread his chances...

I'm very a very proud dad, ofcourse.


Edit: Update: Oldest is up €6,42 €15,53, youngest is in the green too now: €0,49 €14,25. At this rate soon they won't need an allowance pocket money* anymore 😂

* I'm Dutch...



Submitted July 17, 2018 at 07:31PM by RobIII https://ift.tt/2mnnP6o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law