Bitcoin confession: I lost half a million euros because of a keylogger.

This was December 2017. I had around 30 btc plus 20 ETH and was managing funds from three other friends which were around 30,000€ at that time.

I had most funds in a ledger nano, and a few erc20 tokens and eth in metamask and mew.

I had caught the huge wave of Tron and had held btc since 600€, put myself in debt for it.

I remember importing my ledger to electrum and entering the seed. Few days later, everything was gone. Someone was probably monitoring me for long and my antivirus software never found any keylogger. I looked to the other accounts, also gone.

This was around 18 December I think. I entered a spiral of depression and shame. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to die.

Fast forward to today, after painfully telling my friends their funds were stolen and getting back on track financially, even barely, I feel like I can do this again and have picked one currency to invest and safely store.

Moral of the story, even if you are computer and crypto literate, huge shit can happen. Stay safe. I learned a lesson.



Submitted September 23, 2018 at 06:26PM by idiopathicsmellyfeet https://ift.tt/2zoSA24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law