Finally got the call from my dad I had been dreading.

Backstory: I bought bitcoin back in early 2016. Not a lot, I didn’t have a lot of money, but it became a lot over the course of the next year and a half. Along the way, I would periodically tell my dad about how my bitcoin was doing. He had a vague notion of what it was, but didn’t know anyone else who had some and got really curious. In October of last year I visited my dad (we live in different states) and he had me show him how to buy bitcoin. I explained the risks: that bitcoin was a new technology and there was a good chance it would crash and a small chance that he would lose all of his investment . He said he knew and had been doing some of his own research, and so I set him up on an exchange and he bought some bitcoin. Well we all know what happened a few months later in January and what the story has been since. I have been worried that he was angry at me for talking about, and helping him buy something that had crashed so spectacularly. Well yesterday I finally got a call from him. Surprisingly he wasn’t mad at all. He was calling to tell me that bitcoin had dropped below 4,000 and that he had just bought some more. He wanted to make sure I didn’t miss my chance. Got to hand it to him, he’s got guts.



Submitted November 28, 2018 at 03:58AM by euthyfhro https://ift.tt/2Sev5iX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law