Just Got a Call from "Coinbase"

I just got a text from Coinbase giving me a verification code for my account, which I didn't initiate.

Then I got a call from "Coinbase." The guy on the line said I needed to change my password. When I told him I'd call Coinbase back, he stuttered and said, "Uh, what for? We're on the line now." I told him to scam someone else and that I was calling the FBI (lol). He called back and started with how I needed to change my password. I again told him not to call me and that I was going to contact the FBI.

I don't use Coinbase anymore (don't really dabble in cryptocurrency anymore), but I changed my password (online, not over the phone) anyway.
If someone calls asking for sensitive information, tell them you'll call the company back and give it to them then. YOU be in control of the call, not them. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!



Submitted November 13, 2018 at 04:00AM by adriskoah https://ift.tt/2QCQeDf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law