Bistamp new KYC - Attack on privacy (!?) What is this...? Is it neccesary?

So i have account on bitstamp for quite some time now. I completed back then i guess some KYC process (sent them photo of my national identification card or + my passport etc.) whatever they wanted back then and i got verified. All was well for a LONG LONG LONG time. But recently when i logged in i was greeted by some yellow informative/"error" banner, something about new KYC things i need to complete- i was like OMG... So i clicked it, and this was the result...:

(link to picture):

https://imgur.com/SGvtUMe

My questions are several - What is this? Is this for real...? I dont want to give such info, why should I? Are they normal, this is QUITE A BIT PERSONAL and i dont get why they should want it or need it... Is this some new RECENT law in european union that Bitcoin exchanges NEED to get even more info...? If it is NOT necessary (which i hope it is not) why is this categorizied under "Verify account" and "KYC Form"...?

I do NOT want to give such info to Bitstamp and dont see ANY reason why i would need to. They got my national identification card (pictures), passport pictures and i believe also some proof of residency (bank accoutn statement). If they need to update these i dont have much problem providing updated information. But THIS...? How much do i make, how much money do i have etc. - FOCK OFF...

If i dont complete it what happens, will my account be terminated, will i not be able to withdraw any money?

NOTE: I did not attempt EVER any money withdrawl from bitstamp yet, only sending fiat IN, not ONCE out...

What is this, im quite pis***...

??



Submitted February 24, 2019 at 03:30PM by ThomasHasThomas https://ift.tt/2TbMEV3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law