I just fulfilled my dream of owning 1 BTC

Using a throwaway account for obvious reasons.

I've known about Bitcoin since early 2014, right after the time when BTC crossed the historic $1000 mark. I learned about Bitcoin the same way a lot of curious folks did back in the day, Silk Road. I learned through Silk Road that Bitcoin was a global, uncensorable currency but didn't understand the intricacies of how and why Satoshi made it that way. I bought about 1 BTC through localbitcoin via cash and spent it all on "good stuff" at Silk Road. I bought and spent almost 10 BTC over the next two or three years.

That's when I read the Bitcoin whitepaper for the first time and it dawned on me, the genius of Satoshi, why proof of work matters, why there will only be 21M BTC, how UTXO works etc. But by that time it was too late, the bull run had already started and I had 0 BTC in my wallet. I was upset with myself for a long time for spending all that BTC over the years but that's when I started saving to some day own 1 BTC for when the recession hits later this year.

Today was the day I bought 1 BTC for around $3900 and I couldn't be happier. I just wanted to share my happiness with someone so here I am. I'll see you guys again later this year when the world is burning and we'll have out BTC to hold on to.



Submitted March 26, 2019 at 02:41AM by vvxkbb4l https://ift.tt/2TtYypv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law