LND For WP - A WordPress plugin for managing and using your LND node.

Hi everybody,

I wanted to drop by to quickly tell you about a project I've been working on recently.
Like a lot of you, I'm super stoked about the upcoming release of Lightning Network enabled wallets like 'Zap' & 'Lightning-App' from Lightning Labs. I was, however, a little disappointed when I learnt that these projects won't be supporting older generation iOS / Android devices.

I was able to spin up and host an LND node, to participate on the Lightning Network, but managing and using it lacked the simplicity and convenience of a native mobile wallet. To get around this, I wanted to create a rapidly deployable, web based solution that would allow me to connect to and manage my LND node from any of my web enabled devices. I wanted the app to look and feel as much like the next generation of native mobile wallets as possible, while still providing plenty of control over the core node functionality.

I decided to package my solution as a WordPress plugin, and in the hopes that it may benefit others in the community, I have gone ahead and open sourced the code. I'll paste a few more project details below, or if you wouild like to learn more, you can visit the GitHub project page at https://github.com/rstmsn/lnd-for-wp . I look forward to any thoughts & feedback you might have...

LND For WP v0.1.1

LND For WP is a WordPress plugin that allows you to manage and use your LND node, right from your WordPress administration panel. It provides a fully functional wallet interface, allowing you to send and recieve funds across the Lightning Network with ease. The user interface is responsive and will adapt to fit any web enabled desktop, tablet or mobile device. You can search the Lightning Network graph, manage peer connections and open & close channels with ease. The plugin has QR support, enabling basic encoding & decoding of QR codes. LND For WP also adds a number of WordPress 'shortcodes', allowing you to embed LND functionality directly in your website pages and posts. New Shortcodes will be added with future versions, as needs & use cases arise.



Submitted March 17, 2019 at 04:27AM by rstmsn https://ift.tt/2JkbK08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law