I tried it. Bitcoin works at the Amazon from the Moon.

I haven't set up my own lightning node (LN) yet but I do have the Eclair wallet on my phone. The initial channel I opened to the ACINQ node failed to route my payment but the subsequent channel I opened directly to Moon's own LN did work.

Moon has done a great job of integrating their plugin to Amazon's checkout workflow. It feels native to the website as if the Amazon folks did it themselves. Bravo, u/binarytree.

Looking at my order details afterwards, I see that my account's credit card is listed as the means of payment even though it wasn't charged. I also see in the order invoice a gift card alongside my credit card which covered the entire cost of the order. So, that's what Moon is doing behind the scenes when I paid with Lightning BTC.

I was told if I refund the order, the money I spent waits for me as a credit on my Amazon account for later shopping.

I was prompted to create a login account with Moon when I installed their plugin. The plugin didn't warn me but I thought it's a reminder worth mentioning for others - don't submit your Amazon credentials. Even if you give the same email address to Moon as your ID at Amazon, don't give the same password. I can see people using Moon to shop at Amazon.com confusing Moon's account credentials with Amazon's.

This is the tipping point for bitcoin adoption, in my opinion. The milestone moment we've been talking about in social media for years. Unlike the other options requiring us to trust a 3rd party to hold our crypto on our behalf, with Moon we use our own keys to hold our own crypto. And I'm so pleased Moon started with Amazon. The next sites planned are a big deal too but if it was only one site for a long time, let it be the retail king, Amazon. Why would I not shop online with my own Lightning BTC ever again?

Note - I am not an affiliate of Moon or in any way receiving a benefit, reward, or compensation for making this post. I'm just another bitcoin enthusiast that wanted my brethren here to know what I think is epic news. If you have questions, ask me. If I'm not overwhelmed in the comments, I'm glad to help you repeat the same Moon experience I just had.

https://www.PayWithMoon.com



Submitted May 19, 2019 at 01:21PM by cooriah http://bit.ly/2WNu3x4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law