Swedbank is censoring SEPA transactions to Bitstamp

Hi, I wrote another post yesterday about how it has been more difficult to buy Bitcoin for me as a customer of Swedbank. And I thought it was just an error but no, Swedbank is actually censuring transactions to Bitstamp's IBAN number SI56070000002199468. I've been messaging with them then just got a straight "we're not going to do the transaction to that IBAN number."

Then I called them to get a clearer understanding why. And the girl I talked to really tried her best not to sound like a robot when she repeatedly said the same thing as they wrote in the messages. Then I talked to another girl who started saying clichΓ© things like AML/KYC, anti-terrorist, that bitcoin is anonymous, untraceable, scams, "must protect the customers" and bogus shit which I couldn't help me to correct her.

I really tried to get a hang of if it was Swedbank who thought it was something shady with Bitstamp or if it they didn't like Bitcoin. I asked them to escalate it further so I know why they are refusing to send my money where I want it.

Also it was really shady of Swedbank to not display it a better way that Swedbank customer can't send money to the IBAN number and how I found out by getting a generic error message in the last step when adding receivers.

Luckily this doesn't stop me from buying Bitcoin, cheers and hodl!



Submitted July 26, 2019 at 02:00AM by DGimberg https://ift.tt/32TsroP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law