Bitcoin Address Observer

Recently a friend of mine and his girlfriend got their first child. Like I always do, I printed a paper wallet, transferred some Satoshis on it, put it in a sealed envelope and gave it to the parents with the order, to give it to him when he reaches adulthood. Because the new born kid should not suffer from the ignorance of his parents not buying some Satoshis when it was cheap. :)

I trust my friend for not opening the envelope, no matter what the price is doing in all those years. But I don't trust his girlfriend. :) So I decided to develop an app to track specific Bitcoin addresses which informs you when something happens on this address. And here it is (Android only): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ceaver.bao

It's probably useful for many other usecases as well, if you e.g. have a Bitcoin donation address at the end of your Medium article or just want to be sure your money is still where you expect it to be. :)

It's open source, the code is here: https://github.com/kayth1/Bitcoin-Address-Observer

The app is using the blockchain explorer of Blockstream to check the addresses. No data is sent to anywhere else and it's free of any adds.

I'll be happy about every feedback :)

PS. Yeah I know there are a few other app doing same or similar... but I didn't like them.



Submitted October 13, 2019 at 05:12PM by kayth1 https://ift.tt/2OKh12q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law