Paid for my sushi with BTC... thoughts...

Had an excellent dinner at Crudos in Wynwood (Miami). Saw the bitcoin accepted here sticker on the door so I asked to pay with BTC. The server was a little nervous and confused, seemed he hadn't done that before but was sort of aware of it. He went and grabbed his manager's phone (maybe the owner?) and passed me the QR code. Sent payment plus tip.. zero confirmation transaction... done. Got me thinking....

1.) Someone mentioned the owners are Venezuelan. I can't confirm, but it made me feel good that possibly they have family back in VZ that could somehow benefit from BTC. USD can't go there easily. BTC is all-terrain.

2.) This was my first "meatspace" BTC transaction. It was a little bit strange just sending BTC to some manager guy's wallet on his phone (that went into screen lock while I fiddled with my wallet). I mean, its fine and I understand it is a rare occurrence, but are there some branded wallets out there or something that that make things a bit more "official"? Also, I expected a dedicated device/ipad or something considering the servers take orders with devices.

3.) Lightning is needed. Realistically zero conf transactions are adequate for restaurants. If I paid with a $100 bill they wouldn't know if it was counterfeit until I was long gone. If I paid with credit card I could dispute the transaction a month later. Etc... But still, the dood's wallet didn't support lightning and things will be just better when all parties know the transaction is clear.

The pork belly appetiaer and Crudus roll was excellent



Submitted January 29, 2020 at 06:42PM by sonicode https://ift.tt/2tZmSsv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law