Bitcoin is not ready for primetime yet

So I'm a 4 year veteran of BTC. Every chance I get, I try to use btc instead of usd. Yet nearly every time, it's a huge hassle of jumping through hoops trying to use it. The support services for merchants are simply not there yet. Today I fucked around for 5 minutes trying to send payment to a merchant who was using bitpay. First, I had to disable some securty settings on my phone because bitpay required 3rd party cookies & scripts enabled. Then it still refused to load. I tried the non-script link & the qr code only showed a broken link. All the time, the countdown clock is ticking down. So I gave up & used paypal, which took all of 10 seconds.

Until bitcoin is as easy to use as Paypal or a CC, we will never see widespread adoption. I love BTC and want to see it become ubiquitous, yet even after several years, it's not ready.



Submitted May 16, 2020 at 06:15PM by Heph333 https://ift.tt/2ZaX21J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law