Lightning Network is sweet

First off, i'll come out and say it. I'm not on the hold bitcoin forever train. Im more of a, deposit $ on to bitcoin and try and use it as I would my bank account but hoping to get some solid ROI instead of the terrible interest rate a checking account would. As I spend BTC I can simply buy more. Anyways....

Just wanted to say that for those people who haven't tried using the lightning network, give it a shot. Download a mobile wallet, transfer some sats to it and try sending a few transactions out. I recently started using Bluewallet since IOS lightning wallets aren't as common as android but there are some other ones out there as well.

My next step is to set up a lightning node to have full custody of my keys like I do with my trezor but the custodial LN wallet has been SUPER simple to use. Just don't put more $ on there than you would be willing to loose since at the end of the day you are trusting someone else.

I think in the future a simple lightning wallet and buying sats directly off-chain should be the recommended route for people new to bitcoin. That way they can get a feel for it before moving on-chain where fees can be MUCH higher and waiting for confirmations etc can be a turn off for some.

If you haven't tried it you should. P.S. ln.pizza is amazing and is definitely the kind of transactions that would make bitcoin get more adoption. Also buying gift cards on the Fold app with lightning makes for a decent discount.



Submitted June 28, 2020 at 06:23AM by ShinyThings22 https://ift.tt/2VpcnZT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law