I just set my best friend up with a software wallet and bought him $50 in BTC so I have an excuse to bond with somebody over my quite possibly unhealthy crypto obsession.

I get the feeling when I try explaining Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to people, they nod and smile and say "thats cool!" but people dont really get it. I feel that its one of those things that you have to experience for yourself to really understand it.

So rather than ceaselessly rave about my new obsession all the time (as I have been doing to everyone lately), I decided to just buy one of my good friends $50 BTC and told him to sit on it and watch the balance slowly increase over the next few months. No better way to catalyze someone giving crypto a little more critical thought than by forcing Bitcoin upon them in the most literal way possible.

I at the very least wanted to get him set up with a starting balance to keep in a cold wallet that would basically be his own swiss bank account that essentially accrues ~300% interest every year.

I then told him if he digs it, he could use it as a savings account if he wanted to keep throwing money at it once he see's why im so hopelessly balls deep in this shit now.

If he doesnt dig it, he can spend the money and not worry about me taking it personally. Win-win



Submitted January 18, 2021 at 09:34PM by lookslikeyoureSOL https://ift.tt/3sCXfY4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law