Thank you Bitcoin, I finished saving for my daughter's college tuition and she is 1.5 years old

I'm a long term hodler and in January 2020 I started a non-tax exempt brokerage account in my daughter's name to start saving for college. I did this as opposed to a 529 so I could buy GBTC since I thought it would more than offset the tax benefit. In less than 14 months I was able to save enough to pay for 4 years of tuition at a private university because of the dramatic rise in Bitcoin's price. My assumption is that I will get a 9% average return from now until she goes to college and that the cost of tuition will rise at 3%. I obviously still need to deal with paying taxes and want to build a buffer, but it is a nice milestone to hit.



Submitted February 17, 2021 at 07:31PM by nonamesleft314159 https://ift.tt/2Zp7QZ5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law