So I had an argument with my dad about Crypto

Once in a while I think by myself "lets give my mom and dad a visit", since I am obviously the most favorite son of 3. So I went there to watch some football and it was all nice and fun. All of a sudden, during the commercial brake, my dad asked: "Son, do you have money invested in Bitcoin?". I replied "of course I did.", knowing that he (as an old fashioned-, retired-, stock guy who likes to argue) was starting an argument about it. He started ranting on how it is just one big scam and "all those other bitcoins" (meaning altcoins red.) are even more so. And they have no real value or use, now or in the future. So I asked why he was thinking that, giving the fact that his statement was so absolute. The poor man based his assumption on just one (!) article in the financial times, "and other articles" but he couldn't clarify which ones. He also stated that he never seen any blockchain is use in practice. So I started to explain what blockchain does and what the difference is between different coins or tokens. He simply replied: "if you believe that, than you are a believer and just as well join a church". With those kind of arguments, you can basically never lose one.. However, long story short: don't try to be a good son, don't argue with your dad and don't cut the brakes on your dads car, you will regret it.



Submitted June 30, 2021 at 05:30PM by woodfast88 https://ift.tt/3601RNI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law