Bitcoin pushed my Net Worth Up

I will not tell the story of my life but a few years ago a tragedy forced me to immigrate to a new country. I sold all my belongings, including my apartment, and went all-in in the only asset I was sure I could carry everywhere without anyone bothering me about it.

Now I am living in a developped country but work a low-end job. I passed through the last bear market 70% down. I did not sell any bitcoin. I tightened my belt and bought a little bit more.

Since this year's price increase I looked up how my Net Worth compares. The wikipedia article lead me to this report. I found out that my Net Worth puts me at least in the top 25% of my country, top 10% for my age group.

It makes me emotional: All my life I've been punished for working hard and rewarded for keeping low profile. I've been the family's scapegoat, a broke student, stuck in a souless corporate job, and a struggling immigrant. It's the first time in my life I have actual wealth that belongs to me and only me.

Thank you Bitcoin.



Submitted August 23, 2021 at 12:31PM by maininshadow https://ift.tt/3muXO5H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law