Bitcoin Saved My Life

This happened about a week ago.

Was heading home from a little road trip and had to stop around about 2 hours away from home for gas. Had the wife and kids with me. Went to fill up and my cards keep getting declined. Try to call the bank and they had froze my accounts due to "suspected fraudulent activity" and said there was nothing they could do for 24 hours.

No way to access any of my money and didn't have enough gas to make it home. Was starting to get a little nervous. Then I remembered I had some money in bitcoin. I was able to find a crypto atm (didn't even know those existed) within a quarter mile that I walked to. At this atm, I was able to sell some of my bitcoin and withdraw cash from the atm, which I was then able to use to buy gas to get home.

Insanely lucky I had funds that were practical/useful when my bank was not accessible. And thus I realized the true benefit of Bitcoin.

Just wanted to share, as I've never seen, firsthand, the practical use of crypto currency before. Here was a situation where I was unable to access a resource through a "respected" financial institution, but i was able to access and utilize crypto currency.

TLDR: Stuck out of town and needed gas. Bank accounts frozen but was able to use BTC to pay and get home.



Submitted February 21, 2022 at 04:03AM by TheOneNeo99 https://ift.tt/XQyHJZR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law