Coinbase took my BTC & Ethereum due to inactivity in my account

I received an email from Coinbase Dec. 3rd, 2021 that reads:
We’re writing to inform you about a recent transfer from your Coinbase account to Coinbase and a potential notice of account inactivity you may have received. When accounts are inactive for a long period of time, Coinbase is required to alert customers and ensure funds are claimed by the owner. If we receive no reply, then under state laws, we’re required to transfer funds to appropriate state agencies to hold until the owner can claim them. This process is called escheatment. While reviewing your account, we can see that despite some inactivity, your funds were transferred to Coinbase in error. We will return these funds to your Coinbase account within 24-48 hours. We recommend that you log into your account so that you may access your funds and prevent future potential escheatment. If you need any further assistance with your account, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Regards, The Coinbase Team

I hadn't logged into my account for almost 3 years. I finally logged in a couple weeks after receiving the email. Up to Nov. 23, 2021, my account was worth approximately $14,500 consisting of BTC & Ethereum. Then there was a 10 day period where my account was worth $0 until around Dec. 3rd, then it was only worth about a third of what it was on Nov. 23, 2021. After several hours worth of a few different phone calls to their customer service, it seems my assets were taken from my account. On Dec. 3, 2021 is when some of my assets were put back into my account, but obviously not all of them. I was told that all of my Ethereum had been returned, but that none of my BTC had been. So a "case" was opened to get to the bottom of it, & the case is still ongoing. They are not giving me any answers as to where my assets went in the first place or when the case may be resolved or when the rest of my assets (BTC) would be returned.

Anyone else experience anything like this? I'm not sure what else to do besides continuing to call customer service for any updates on the "unresolved open case".



Submitted February 05, 2022 at 03:21PM by Shoddy_Ad_3800 https://ift.tt/MQdtLaq

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law