Anyone ever try to exchange pre 90's Mexican Pesos for USD at the bank, because you can't. A case for BTC.

This was a little wake up call about world fiat, it's super temporary.

I was given about 1000 MXN Pesos recently that are from the 1980's thinking I'd get roughly $60 (the current rate). I assumed I could exchange this for USD at my bank, which you can, but not these Pesos. They are too old. I guess Mexico issued a new Peso system that makes these notes "expired".

This just increased my confidence in the case for BTC as money.

I also have some old USD Bills from 1934 that arent worth much more than their face value after researching, and are only becoming worth less due to inflation of course. I'm not even sure they will necessarily accept those, even though they absolutely SHOULD.

I will see if they do accept them, and if so, I'm buying BTC with the proceeds.



Submitted July 22, 2023 at 09:58PM by flackattack https://ift.tt/CABfNky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law