Thinking of using Electrum wallet…

My BTC has been in cold storage in a paper wallet for some time. Recently read of someone getting hacked from a paper wallet, which has quite scared me!

So today I was looking into wallets. I’m not too keen on a hardware wallet, so looking at software wallets I found Electrum to be very feature rich and rated good or acceptable across the board (according to bitcoin.org).

Before using it, has anyone got any gotchas, tips, or advice? Especially when it comes to transferring from the paper wallet to Electrum.

Or if you think there is a better software wallet (Windows compatible) let me know what it is and why.

Last, I noted that Electrum does allow connecting to a hardware wallet. Am I missing anything in terms of security or usability by not getting a hardware wallet?



Submitted July 30, 2023 at 05:33PM by Dramatic-Battle-9737 https://ift.tt/NTc6lMd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law