Hacked for $20,000 on Binance - Bitcoin all gone

I was hacked for $20,000 on Binance on Sunday. All my Bitcoin… gone! I was left with $4,900.

The hacker accessed my account, apparently using a ‘leaked API’ and made hundreds of trades. Sold low and bought high shitcoins.

I only ever made 3 API keys. One with Cointracker, one with TaxBit, and one with Zenledger. All three API keys are set to READ ONLY. I made sure when I created these API’s that they were READ ONLY. When Binance gave me back access to my account it was READ ONLY permissions. The API keys did not have trading permissions.

Binance have took 0 responsibility and have just said it was due to an API leak. Even if the API’s were leaked, they did not have any trading permissions so I am confused as to how they were able to trade. This is a warning to all of you to remove any API keys even if they are read only to prevent your Bitcoin from being stolen from your exchange.

Does anyone have any idea as to how this occurred with READ ONLY api’s? I believe this was Binance’s security breach as I’ve never heard of a hacker being able to hack using a read only api and make trades… it seems so fishy!

Any advice would be great! I hope this helps some of you and you learn some lessons from me. Never keep a significant amount on an exchange!

Does anyone know any crypto lawyers that will take on my case? A few of them will only take on cases that have lost $100k due to the fault of the exchange.

Thanks



Submitted August 12, 2023 at 04:25AM by Rerere3535 https://ift.tt/xwOyrj2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law