Banks are going extinct very soon if they keep pissing people off with nonsense holds in the name of fraud detection

Got put on meaningless holds when I really need the money, so sent them a stern e-mail and threw in a reference to the future of money out there.

Hello,

I'm writing to strongly request that the hold that's been put on my account for transfers be removed ASAP. I've been a BMO customer for several months and have done transactions using my account previously.

Yesterday, I tried transferring $wxyz.pq to another of my own personal accounts with Sutton Bank and got blocked, with both the recipient (Me!!) and the transfer put on hold. I called the BMO fraud line and was told that they will send an e-mail to someone else who will then call me back to verify the transaction, all with a "quick" turnaround time of a few business days.

I needed the money transferred ASAP so I initiated another transfer today through Zelle, again to myself, to a Zelle address that I have successfully transacted with before (just last month). This transaction got the same treatment, with both transfer and recipient put on hold. Guess what happened when I called your fraud line that I was asked to call on the app? A maze of calls on hold and transfers until someone told me they would e-mail the verification team and it can take up to 3 days to get a call back and who knows how long after that for the issue to be resolved? If it wasn't a fraud issue last month for the same recipient (clearly myself from all the available details), why is it suddenly an issue now?

You need to update your outdated fraud and hold systems by implementing 2 things immediately to retain customers like myself:

1) Don't flag transactions with the same sender-recipient details as previous successful transactions.

2) If you have to flag something, provide a direct line to the fraud team so they can verify and clear the transaction right THEN AND THERE, not after jumping through hoops and waiting several days.

Otherwise banks that can't keep up with faster financial systems like bitcoin will go extinct very soon.

Please forward this to whatever supervisory level this will get heard at and could be acted upon. And please clear the holds on my transactions and recipients (myself). Thank you.

Sincerely, Your well-wisher (lol, not really)



Submitted October 03, 2023 at 10:32PM by smilingbuddhauk https://ift.tt/MCkuBXZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law