Be Very Wary Of Buying BTC From PayPal

Hello all, I've been a PayPal user for about 10 years, give or take. Used it over the years for buying & selling, mostly buying and, at most, 5 transactions per month. Never had any issues, not one, until about 2 weeks ago when I realized I could buy BTC at a decent rate quite easily through the platform. Over a week's time, I bought ~$500 total in BTC in 3 separate transactions. Why the separate transactions? I was getting my feet wet & making sure everything was on the up and up. So a few days ago I transfer $215 worth to an online business based in Canada that accepts BTC. Everything went through fine, no problem. So yesterday I try to buy a $25 item with PayPal, and no matter how many times I try, it won't go through. So I manually log in to PayPal, and waddya know...my account has been indefinitely suspended and all of my assets on the platform frozen. (No USD, about $250 in BTC). I've tried and tried to get some type of explanation, but to no avail. It must be the 3 BTC purchases and/or the 1 $215 BTC transfer. Why on Earth do they offer the service if they're just going to turn around and deactivate your account, essentially seizing your assets in the process? Just thought I'd let you guys know my experience and to be VERY careful when it comes to PayPal and BTC.



Submitted October 08, 2023 at 02:51AM by PuttinOnTheFrink https://ift.tt/rtlZv4e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law