Just capitulated 37% of my stack to buy my first house during a shitty real estate market

I love BTC, but I hate renting.

I have been (inconsistently) DCAing BTC since April 2020. I’ll now have a mortgage payment that is 44% higher than my rental payment (which increases annually in June).

I’m now wondering if I’ll ever own that many Satoshis again. Maybe not, but I’m going to try!

EDIT:

The way I see it, right place, “wrong” time.

Waiting a while would have meant not living at that house. It’s a unique property that received 7 offers in the 48 hours it was listed. It checks all of the boxes we needed it to check, as well as some we never thought we could check. It’s on the lower end of our budget, a great starter home, and even sits on a surprisingly large lot relative to what surrounds it.

I know the timing might sound absurd to people, and that’s fine. I made an informed decision. I may not ever reclaim 100% of my stack, but I genuinely think I can get close if I play my cards right.

EDIT2:

In 2015 I spent almost exactly the same amount of BTC on fake IDs for me and my roommates. Eight years later it’s a down payment on a house. I could kick myself for every dollar I didn’t spend on BTC since then, but doesn’t seem worth the trouble.



Submitted October 18, 2023 at 10:12PM by semajessej https://ift.tt/ZnoS65x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coinmarketcap are listing BCH sites as BTC

15 years of BTC Power Law